Monday, March 2, 2009

And so it begins....

This is my first time doing a blog and I thought it would be a good idea to chronicle my progress towards my ultimate goal...the IRONMAN competition in Hawaii. Now for those who don't know it's not a STRONGMAN. It's an IRONMAN!! That's 26miles running, 112 miles biking and 2.5 miles swimming. A lot I know. I'll be able to look back on all of these posts and see all of my experiences, ups and downs, and encouragement from you guys!!

Now I've been involved in sports most of my life. My parents had me involved in just about any sport you can imagine. Karate, baseball, tennis, and track and field to name a few. I greatly appreciate all of these things largely because most of my peers weren't doing much with themselves, or using their full potential (to be nice).

Sooooo....why an Ironman you ask? Most people who know me well know that my mind wanders and I have the tendancy to do things spur of the moment. Well, I was taking a trip to Alaska to see my boy Jamar before he was deployed and read one of those magazines with the as seen on tv products and vacation spots with glaciers and wild bears. Why they had a cover story about the Ironman in Hawaii and the plan was going to Alaska I have no idea!! Anywayz, I looked at all of the people who finished the race, all for various reasons, and thought why not me? But that wasn't exactly the moment that sealed the deal. The moment came after a brutal basketball game, full court mind you, with some of Jamar's friends on base. Mid-way through the second game (we won the first of course) I felt like I was about to die!! I didn't even tell anyone I was done, I just walked off. And in that random moment I decided to get my life together....

Here are a couple of resources I'm using and events that I plan on doing this year. If you have anymore sites that may be more useful please let me know. I'll post the links if you want anymore information about it....

bike new york
men's health
beginner triathlete
training peaks

well that's all for now....

No comments:

Post a Comment